Preventative, Presumptive, Confirmed or Re-Opening Cleaning and Decontamination-When to call for help.
Prevention-You are concerned you could have an outbreak.
- You would like your building disinfected to compliment your existing cleaning protocols on a one time or re-occurring basis.
- You would like to promote a sense of peace of mind for your stakeholders.
You have a Presumed or Confirmed case of COVID-19
- Call to schedule cleaning and disinfecting of common areas and anywhere the individual could have travelled within the building.
You are planning to Re-Open
- You would like to have your facility cleaned and disinfected prior to re-opening.
- You would like to set up regularly scheduled deep cleaning and disinfecting of all high touch surfaces.
- You want to reassure your residents, customers and employees – promote peace of mind.
- You want to maintain a high level of diligence.
What to Ask your service provider
- What is your Response Time?
- What kind of Personal Protective Equipment, PPE, should I expect to see?
- What kind of Products will you use?
- Can you provide the SDS for your products?
- Are your products registered with the EPA?
- Can you provide resources we can share with our stakeholders?
- How do you invoice us?
What you should be asked/required
- Pre-screening questions/What is your exposure risk- confirmed/presumptive case.
- When do you need service-is this an emergency or can it be scheduled?
- Daytime or after hours?
- Is the building occupied?
- To sign required documentation to begin work.
What are high touch areas?
- Common gathering areas (e.g., door handles, light switches, stair rails, elevator buttons, phones, microwaves, coffee stations, sink handles, water fountains, chair arms, shared workstations or learning materials, dining tables).
What is the difference between cleaning & disinfecting?
- Cleaning refers to the removal of germs, dirt, and impurities from surfaces. Cleaning does not kill germs, but by removing them, it lowers their numbers and the risk of spreading infection.
- Disinfecting refers to using chemicals to kill germs on surfaces.
COVID-19 is an emerging Pathogen and new information becomes available on a regular basis.
Centers for Disease Control
For other frequently asked questions- https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html (visit CDC.gov for the most up-to date information)
New from the CDC- Recommendations for wearing cloth face masks.